Page 1 of 1
Soo.. Warhammer anyone ?
Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:19 am
by Kanem
Not really looking to get back into an online game atm .. but if a few of you are going to look at warhammer .. well..
Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:09 am
by EmeryaldPhoenixx
may try it or may not, if do and it sux,will either go back to daoc if it still around or back to WoW
Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:07 pm
by Lilae
still waiting for beta

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:58 pm
by McPhisto
im keen.. BUT.. the new expansion for WoW (which i think is drickly built to go against Warhammer and DAoC) looks awesome!
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:16 am
by EmeryaldPhoenixx
Would love to see a WoW expansion that would bring some pvp stuff closer to daoc's pvp without all the imbalance, need for bots, etc.
WARHAMMER delayed..
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:23 pm
by Urgon
From Warhammer March 2008 Newsletter:
On the day we signed the agreement to license Warhammer from Games Workshop, I promised them that we would create a great and glorious game, a truly next-generation MMORPG. Today, I have news to report; we are going to delay the release of WAR until Fall 2008. While we do not expect this announcement to be met with fanfare and cheering crowds; the additional time will be spent hammering WAR into an even better game that it is today.
During the most recent phase of beta testing, two things have become clear. One was that our key innovations - Public Quests, Tome of Knowledge and Realm vs. Realm combat - were all coming along extremely well, as was the first stage of our innovative crafting system. The second, that the game would benefit from additional iteration time as well as adding a layer of polish or two. Fortunately, as part of Electronic Arts, we are able to do just that.
While I have no doubt that the community will experience a wide range of emotions over this decision, I urge you to remember one thing (and to keep the tar cold and the feathers on the birds), that our goal has never been to release a game by a certain date but to release a great Warhammer MMORPG. We have not wavered from this goal and with the full support of Games Workshop, GOA and Electronic Arts we intend to release a glorious next-generation MMORPG.
As always, I thank the community for its support, patronage and its patience.
Mark Jacobs
VP, GM EA Mythic
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:07 am
by Rhylith
I preordered the collectors edition the other day, got my beta codes today. Now it's just waiting for the actual invite ><
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:57 pm
by Lilae
jeff, you bastard. paid your way into beta?
wait. You have codes but still can't get in???? Wtf is up with that?
/sigh. they must hate me

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:49 am
by EmeryaldPhoenixx
Don't think I will be playing Warhammer, but I am in my guild Body Count on Thunderlord in WoW

along with my hubby and 2 daughters and a couple of other people

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:40 am
by Rhylith
Lilae wrote:jeff, you bastard. paid your way into beta?
wait. You have codes but still can't get in???? Wtf is up with that?
/sigh. they must hate me

Basically the "open" beta isn't gonna be a full blown open beta, it's really just when they lift their NDA. Anyone who preorders the CE gets in.
I would've gotten the CE even without this, because it also gives you art books and comic books and an in game tent and ring! You know I'm a sucker for extra crap with my games.
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:26 pm
by Lager
Nah... bought a laptop that will not meet minimum requiremeents so I will not be tempted.
/just_passin'_ thru /wave_all